If you want to insure a stress free wedding that is absolutely perfect, than your perfect wedding deserves a perfect wedding planner…or go with it and I can almost guarantee that you will be a nervous wreck…like I was.
There are a lot, and I mean a lot of points you need to consider when it comes to planning a wedding. If you want to make it a perfect wedding, then you need to double those points. Some will be minor and yet other things are major and very expensive.
If you have a long time to plan for your wedding (18 months to 3 years), you may want to save money by planning your wedding on your own. But BE WARNED – You have a lot of homework to do. It’s all a trade off. Save time and worry by hiring a wedding planner, or save money and do it yourself.
You good dependable trustworthy wedding planner can even help you out with your own planning by filling in missing holes, so even if you opt for the do-it-yourself wedding planning plan, you can actually “burn the candle at both ends” so to speak.
Wedding planners are also called wedding consultants or wedding coordinators. They are like having a third hand when it comes to wedding planning. Because it is usually the bride that is the center of attraction, you will find that most wedding planners tend to be female.
If you find your wedding planner right after you get engaged (CONGRATULATIONS), then she will be there from the beginning all the way to the end when you last guest leaves the reception to nurse their coming hangover.
That’s the great thing about a good wedding planner. They will be there for you as much or as little as you want them to be. But there are questions you need to consider and these questions will be dealt with throughout this blog.
The first question you should ask however, is whether or not you should hire a wedding planner in the first place. But before you do ask that question, it may be a good idea to understand what a wedding planner can do for you.
1. As you probably know, the biggest hangup that that a bride will have is the stress and anxiety of planning a wedding for months and months…and months. A good wedding planner knows this and so their first and probably most important goal in planning your wedding is to relieve you of that stress as much as possible without you feeling that you are no longer in control.
2. Hey, weddings can be very expensive. If you have a set amount you want to spend on your wedding, a great wedding planner can help you with your budget and to help you stick to it. If you do your own planning, chances are that you will just blow that budget. I know because I did by over $3000. Besides, wedding planners know a lot of people in their industry and they can most likely get better deals than you can.
3. Because wedding planners already have wedding planning experience they are probably more creative than you…no offense…so they are wonderful for brainstorming. If your so called wonderful wedding ideas get a little whacked out, they will help keep you under control. And trust me, sometimes you will feel that you’re losing control. Again, I know because I did…several times.
4. If you want to have your wedding ceremony is going to be in another state or province, a wedding planner from that area is worth their weight in gold as they already know the area as well as any great deals nearby.
5. It doesn’t always work out, but if you find a wedding planner that has the same tastes as yourself, then you probably just found the perfect wedding planner. Ask what she likes in a wedding and if possible ask for samples of events she has planned in the past. References can certainly go a long way.
6. As far as I’m concerned, the most important roll that a good wedding planner plays is to answer questions that you haven’t even thought of. They fill in the missing holes that you didn’t even think were there. After all, if you have too many holes in your wedding plans, you will have a lot of leaks…pun was intended.
You will find a lot of information on wedding planners online that are close to your area and as time goes on I will provide links that you can use as well.
Once you find a wedding planner, ask them lots of questions and make sure that they are a good fit for you. I will also get into questions that you should ask so don’t fret too much about that for now. Just know that once you do find that perfect wedding planner, it’s time to relax and have a nice glass of wine…or a bottle of beer if that suits you.
* * * * *